Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Gonna Snow Again??

So they say it is supposed to snow again...geeze!! This years weather has about done me in. It makes me feel my age, lol. between the sinus and the arthritis it feels like it has been the longest and coldest winter so far in Tennessee. I have even gone as far as to ask my husband (seriously ask him) if he can get a transfer to as far south as we can go. He says yes. He has been at this international company for 15 yrs so I am keeping this in my mind.
Anyway, here is an excellent cold weather recipe.

DIRTY RICE
1 1/2 lb hamburger
1 med chopped onion
5-6 Med fresh chopped mushrooms or 1 sm can pcs.
1 can cream of mushroom soup plus 1/2 can water
2 cup cooked brown rice can use white rice
2 Tbl minced garlic
Steak seasoning. We use Marcus Steak Seasoning (lots of pepper)
Salt and pepper to taste
Tobassco sauce (optional)

In heavy skillet saute onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add meat and brown.
Drain meat and place back in skillet with soup and water simmer 5-6 minutes. Add rice.
Add tobassco to taste if desired. We add after cooking since we all don't care for the dish to be to hot.
Recipe can be doubled but use very large skillet. Add or subtract ingredients to your familys desire.
If you like Dirty Rice more like Pop Eyes kind cook 3 or 4 chicken livers with hamburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment